Monday, April 11, 2011

Visions

So I've been thinking about finally upgrading to an HDTV and officially entering the 21st Century. Of course, I want to get the most bang for my buck. Mormons are supposed to be frugal after all. So it's mostly a question of how I define bang. Does "bang" mean I get more screen? Is it more HDMI inputs? Is it 3D or Wi-Fi readiness?

I don't know that much about HDTVs, so, naturally, I decided to start my research at ConsumerReports.org. I remembered reading a few of the magazines when I was a kid who did a lot of window shopping. I think the biggest purchase I ever made as a kid was a Super Soaker 50. Anyway, there's a ton to learn about HDTVs, electronics, and modern technology in general.

But all this thinking about televisions got me thinking about something that I hadn't really thought about for a little while: visions.


Ok. Well not just the First Vision. But rather visions in general--like Lehi's Dream. I have serious questions about these phenomena. So maybe I just have one real question about these occurrences. My main question is, who decides what the camera angle is going to be when you have a vision? Seriously, who decides that?

No comments: