Wednesday, April 6, 2011

"E.T." - Katy Perry featuring Kanye West

"E.T." - Katy Perry featuring Kanye West



One thing you gotta realize about Mormonism is that we believe God is a tangible being who occupies time and space. We are literally created in God's image. This is one of the reason's why Joseph Smith's vision is so important--it means that God is real and exists independently of our interpretations of Him.

Of course, there are other implications to God being a tangible being. Like, where does He live? Well, if He doesn't live here, then He obviously lives somewhere else, right? It is precisely this type of question that I ponder sometimes as I listen to Katy Perry's "E.T." Yeah, I'm weird like that.

Selected Lyrics:

Could you be an angel?"

"You're from a whole 'nother world
A different dimension
You open my eyes
I'm ready to go, lead me into the light"

"I'm a disrobe you
Then I'm a probe you
See I abducted you
So I tell you what to do"

Commentary:

So I doubt "E.T." was intended to be a spiritual song, but you can see that if you take some of the lyrics way out of context, it's actually a nice little song about Jesus. The moral of this story? Even in one of the darkest and most twisted videos of 2011 to date, you can still end up finding what you're seeking.

No comments: