Thursday, April 14, 2011

America's Best Dance Crew (Season 6) | Ep. 2 | Ke$ha Challenge



You have no idea how happy I am about the results of this episode. I. Am. Extremely. Happy.

I'm so glad we got rid of the pole dancers. It's not that I have anything against pole dancing and pole dancers. Hey, make a living how you have to make a living. It's up to you to decide what you would do.



But, sexiness aside, what I'm really against here is the fact that the pole dancing was SUPER boring. I mean SUPER boring. I mean, watching this guy was way more exciting, plus he chose to perform to the Halloween theme song for some (obviously) messed up reason. I'm not a pole dancing connoisseur, but I was expecting something along the lines of Cirque Du Soleil. Maybe I was just expecting too much.

Which reminds me...

I was flipping through the Bible Dictionary the other day and found this interesting tidbit regarding poles.

"Grove. In Hebrew, called Asherah (of which the plural is Asherim or Asheroth), either a living tree or a tree-like pole, set up as an object of worship, being symbolical of the female or productive principle in nature."

Kinda weird huh? Apparently we have been associating women with the pole for a loooooong time now. Maybe this is why our society is so deeply messed up? Idk.

No comments: